Call for applications from students of the Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, International Burch University, Sarajevo (Bosnia & Herzegovina) to participate in the Erasmus+ student mobility at the International Institute of Social Studies of the Erasmus University Rotterdam (Netherlands)
The International Institute of Social Studies (ISS) of Erasmus University Rotterdam is happy to announce the Erasmus + Student Mobility Fund that will allow students of the of the International Burch University, Sarajevo (Bosnia & Herzegovina) to spend time at the ISS. The program is fully funded by Erasmus + funds.
The call for applications is open until 30th November 2017, for the academic years 2017/2019 (January 1st, 2017 to June 30th, 2019). The results of the application will be announced around the end of December 2017.
MA and Ph.D. students of the Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, International Burch University, Sarajevo.
MA students can apply for a semester (3.5 months) and Ph.D. student for a half a year stay.
MA students visiting ISS must enroll in one of the ISS MA courses (preferably from Term 2 - starting with numbers 32 or 42; or Term 3 - starting with numbers 33 and 43). Ph.D. students are allowed to enroll to one of the ISS Ph.D. courses (if applicable). Both host and home institutions are obliged to respect Erasmus+ rules on the exchange of educational credits for MA (and if applicable, Ph.D.) students. ISS will provide the necessary conditions for realizing the educational and research plans of the MA and Ph.D. students from the Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, International Burch University, Sarajevo
ISS will receive up to 3 MA and 2 Ph.D. students from the Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, International Burch University, Sarajevo.
Students will receive a monthly allowance of €800 and a travel grant of €275.
All applications are reviewed first by the Selection Committee of the home institution, who then sends a proposal to the host institution’s Selection Committee. The host institution’s Selection Committee makes the final decision on the list of successful applicants. The list of the successful applicants will be forwarded to the EUR International Office that will take up further contact with the applicants and deal with all logistical issues (visa’s, finances, etc.)
- Quality of the candidate;
- Quality of the proposed plan for the mobility activities and the potential benefits of the mobility for the candidate and the institution;
- A substantiating motivation letter explaining the benefits of the proposed mobility and chosen educational/research programme and the course for the candidate (for information about courses at the ISS click here);
- A letter of permission from the programme director or examination board of the home institution. Both home and host institution have to agree on the suitability of the course/research activities for the student;
- A letter of recommendation;
- Appropriate pass level on the IETLS or TOEFL, or other appropriate proof of English language proficiency;
- A transcript of academic records;
- A letter of acceptance into the research group from a tutor at the host university if the mobility is for research purposes;
Applications should be submitted before 30th November 2017 to the contact person at the International Burch University: Emina Mekic <[email protected]>