Kosovo International Summer Academy 2017, with a special focus on “Peace building in post-conflict areas – Diplomacy, Leadership and Negotiations” is now open.
Date/Venue: 12-22 July 2017. Prishtina, Kosovo
Scholarships: A number of scholarships are available for most qualified applicants.
This July, Kosovo International Summer Academy (KSA) will organize its 5th edition in Prishtina, Kosovo, with a special focus on “Peace building in post-conflict areas – Diplomacy, Leadership and Negotiations”, that will be realized by Kosovo Center for Diplomacy.
The Kosovo International Summer Academy will be welcoming distinguished professors from the world’s most prestigious universities, diplomats, high-ranking officials, and representatives of civic society, to teach courses and deliver speeches on:
- Professional Etiquette and Protocol
- Peaceful Conflict Resolution
- EU Integration Process
- International Law
- Human Rights
- International Justice
- International Security
- The Role of Civic Society in Peacebuilding
Their staff is working intensively to make sure that high-ranking officials of Kosovo, including President of Kosovo, Government and Parliament officials, and representatives of diplomatic missions in Kosovo will address the participants.
After the completion of the program, participants are requested to write an essay about their experience in this program, or an article related to Kosovo. The best essay/article will be translated and published in a Kosovo daily newspaper, and two others will be posted in web-page of Kosovo Center of Diplomacy(Opinions section).
Awarded Certificates and ECTS
All participants and attendees who fulfill the requirements during the program will be awarded with certificates from Kosovo Center of Diplomacy and University College “Universum”.
Successful students will receive 6 ECTS credits of the course of ‘’War and Peace: Historical actors, structures and processes’’, issued by the University College “Universum” .
Excursions and Cultural Activities
Throughout your study-abroad experience in Kosovo you will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of excursions and cultural activities.
- Tour of the Institutions of Kosovo
- Field trip to Prizren
- Field trip to Mitrovica
- Field trip to Mirusha Waterfalls
- Field trip to Gadime Cave
- Tour of museums and statues
- Meetings with high-ranking officials and ambassadors
- Citizens of all countries in the world are eligible to apply
- Undergraduate, graduate and post graduate students(who are enrolled or have already completed aforementioned levels of university studies) and young professionals.
- Applicants born in 1983 and after
- You must be in good academic standing
Scholarships awarding criteria
The following criteria are considered in the admissions process:
- Submitting your application early
- Financial need
- Merit and existing leadership experience
- Intercultural experience
Priority deadline: May 1st, 2017
- Visa Deadline: May 5th, 2017 (This Deadline applies if you need a visa to enter Kosovo)
- Final Deadline: June 5th, 2017
- *Scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis and earlier applications are given priority.