Project Description: In this project, students will develop theories, techniques and tools for efficient formal verification, performance evaluation and synthesis of autonomous cyber-physical systems. The modeling and analysis approach will be actor-based. Real-time constraints and dynamic system evolution will be considered.
As research outcomes, the university expects publications and (prototype) tools.. See relative publications here.
School: Mälardalen University is one of Sweden’s biggest university colleges with up to 15,000 students and 900 employees. In 1999, MDH was the world’s first university to be environmentally certified, and in 2006, it was the first higher education institution in Sweden to be certified for its work environment.
Embedded Systems Research Center (ES) provides a stimulating international research environment, characterized by its cooperative atmosphere, openness, and team spirit.
Qualifications: A successful applicant should have demonstrated knowledge and skills in some kind of modeling and analyzing different types of systems.
• Master of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
• Fluent in English, both written and in conversation.
Beneficial qualifications include knowledge on:
• Formal methods,
• Concurrency theory,
• Model checking,
• Embedded and real-time systems,
• Programming in C++ and Java,
and a publication record, and ability to conduct collaborative cross-disciplinary research.
If you are interested in applying and/or need more information, contact Marjan Sirjani ([email protected])
1. Full CV including publication record if any (pinpoint the most important papers and describe your contributions), previous work and teaching experience if any, previous PhD studies, also in other subjects.
2. Copy of an official document giving grades from your graduate and undergraduate degree(s) or studies.
3. Motivation letter describing your experience and professional interests.
4. Letters of recommendation from people who know you as a student or as an employee, preferably including your MSc thesis supervisor.
5. Any scientific papers you may have written (Master´s thesis, project report etc).
6. Other relevant information.
Please state the reference number 2017/1157 in your application!
To apply, please send your application by e-mail to the address [email protected]. Application sent electronically should be in Word or PDF format.
You can also send your application to the following address:
Mälardalens högskola (Mälardalen University)
Personalsektionen (Division of Human Resources)
721 23 Västerås
Application Deadline: June 15, 2017
For more information, visit the website or contact the International Relations Office (Block A).
As research outcomes, the university expects publications and (prototype) tools.